Monday, September 10, 2012

How to Clean Bathroom Tiles and Grout on a budget

No.1 Article of Tile

If you are like me you have spent many hours and hundreds of dollars on cleaning products that all claim to clean your bathroom tile like it was brand new only to be disappointed about the outcome. I have struggled over the years to come up with a good way to keep our bathroom tile grout clean and we found there was one main ingredient that literally does the trick. Want to know what it is? It's that age old cleaner called Bleach!

My home was built in 1978 and we moved in about ten years and I would say the home was in pretty good shape. The bathroom tile was not new but it appeared to be fairly clean so I was happy that I had a 'clean slate' to begin with. Over the the years I did my best to voice the tile and grout but ultimately the grout started to come to be discolored and ultimately the mildew stains showed up to my dismay. I used many different products including Comet, Tilex, Clr and a few others but nothing literally worked for me until I decided to go hog wild and use plain old bleach. That is when things changed.

Tile

One day, sick of finding the gross mildew stains, I decided to get a spray bottle and use plain old Chlorox Bleach to see what happens. I opened the windows, sprayed the bleach on the tiles and grout, complete the door and let the bleach do it's thing. About 5-minutes later I walked in and practically fell to the floor when I saw how remarkable my bathroom tile and grout looked. I washed all of the bleach off with water and I have to say that the whole tub area was sparkling clean and that was with literally no scrubbing! The bleach had whitened the grout lines like they were brand new and I couldn't believe that a very uncomplicated bleach application could have saved me years of grief. I couldn't be happier!

How to Clean Bathroom Tiles and Grout on a budget

Now when it comes to bleach you have to be very careful, especially in the bathroom as it's a very small area and the fumes can be horrible. Make sure you use a mask and rubber gloves and don't go crazy spraying bleach anywhere as it will certainly do harm to clothing or other materials that may be near the tub. I would advise gently spraying a tiny at a time and letting the bleach to the work. You may need a grout brush to help out with those tough areas but the brush is very cheap and can be found at most home revision centers in the tile aisle. I would advise leaving it on for a few minutes and then carefully washing off with water. You will be amazed at the results.

So next time you want to spend -10 on that bottle of cleaner that guarantees it will make your bathroom sparkle like new, resist the urge and pick up a bottle of bleach for .00 instead. Your tub will be bright, clean and you will have the biggest smile on your face too!

what Google did to me How to Clean Bathroom Tiles and Grout on a budget



No comments:

Post a Comment